The New BMW X2
The first ever BMW X2 has been released and it is the first BMW model to be available in the new BMW M Sport X trim.
BMW call the X2 a Sports Activity Coupe. It retains a coupe like silhouette whilst offering the practicality of an SUV.
The new BMW X2 is available in 4 different models;
- BMW X2 SE - standard features with this model include; 17" alloy wheels, automatic air conditioning with two zone control, BMW navigation with 8.8" touchscreen display, halogen headlights and drive performance control.
- BMW X2 Sport - standard features include; 18" alloy wheels, LED headlights, LED front fog lights and front sports seats.
- BMW X2 M Sport - standard features include; M Sport aerodynamic bodystyling, 19 " alloy wheels, exclusive Misano Blue paint colour, M Sport suspension and M rear spoiler.
- BMW X2 M Sport X - standard features include; M Sport X aerodynamic bodystyling, 19" alloy wheels, LED front foglights. LED headlights, front sports seats, cruise control, matt aluminium roof rails and exclusive Galvanic Gold paint colour.
All engines are Euro 6 compliant and follow BMW's Efficient Dynamics programme of technologies which aims to reduce Co2 emissions whilst keeping a high level of performance. To do this all engines are equipped with stop/start technology, use brake regeneration technology, have an ECO PRO mode and will indicate to the driver when the optimal time to shift gears is in the manual version.
There are 4 engines to choose from , 1 petrol option and 3 different diesel options;
- sDrive 20i, 192HP achieving 47.9-51.4mpg with 126-134g/km of Co2 emitted.
- sDrive 18d 150HP achieving 61.4-62.8mpg with 118-124g/km of Co2 emitted.
- xDrive 18d 150HP achieving 56.5-57.6mpg with 128-137g/km of Co2 emitted.
- xDrive 20d 190HP achieving 58.9-60.1mpg with 124-128g/km of Co2 emitted.
There is a wealth of safety equipment included on the BMW X2 as standard such as; Attentiveness Assist, BMW Emergency Call, City Collision Mitigation, Dynamic Stability Control and LED headlights. You can choose to further boost the safety of your X2 by adding the Driver Pack, Vision Pack or Driver Assistance Plus Pack which adds advanced safety features including Traffic Jam Assistance, Reversing Camera and Cruise Control with Stop & Go function.
In terms of connectivity while you drive, the X2 offers the BMW Connected App and BMW ConnectedDrive. These features will allow you to connect your smartphone to the car so you can answer calls handsfree and access compatible apps. You will also be connected to BMW Teleservices who can remind you when servicing and maintenance issues need to be attended to and can send the location of your vehicle to the emergency services should the need arise in an accident situation. Through the app you will be able to lock and unlock doors remotely as well as get walking directions from where you are to where you have parked your BMW.
What do you think of the new BMW X2?